Hawaii has always been a popular honeymoon destination, even from here on the East Coast, but for some reason it is even more “on the radar” with brides and grooms right now. For the past couple of weeks it seems like I have been working on nothing but Hawaii, and that’s great — because the Hawaiian islands are a fantastic honeymoon destination, offering romance, adventure, nightlife, fine dining, culture, history, and more.
Each island offers its own unique flavor, and most couples visit two or three islands during a typical 10- to 14-day honeymoon, with Oahu and Maui being the most popular for first-timers. If you’re thinking about a Hawaiian honeymoon, I’ve got some suggestions for some of the most romantic resorts in the islands. These are not just my picks, but are actually taken from a recent poll (done by Vacation Agent magazine) of destination wedding and honeymoon specialists.
In no particular order, their top ten were:
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai (Big Island)
- Four Seasons Resort Lanai
- Four Seaons Resort Maui at Wailea
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa
- Hotel Hana Maui and Honua Spa
- Kahala Hotel and Resort (Oahu)
- Mauna Kea Beach Hotel (Big Island)
- St. Regis Princeville (Kauai)
- Waimea Plantation Cottages (Kauai)
- Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Resort Villas and Spa (Maui)
What do you think? Are there others you would add to the list? Personally, I think I’d add the Royal Hawaiian and the Halekulani on Oahu, but I’d be happy staying at any of these resorts! If you’re hankering for a Hawaiian “escape” of your own (honeymoon or otherwise), give me a call.